The Instruō tòna is an all analogue voltage controlled oscillator. tòna generates all four classic waveforms with the addition of a fifth output driven by a built in all analogue wavefolder. The wavefolder is derived from the classic West coast “timbre” circuits and opens a world of rich harmonics and complex spectra, adding a touch of West coast flavor to any subtractive synth voice.
tòna | tɔːnə | noun (musical sound) a sound, tone or accent, from Greek Tonus; pitch, voice literally “tension of string” can also refer to colour or language
- Sawtooth core analogue oscillator
- 1V/octave, Coarse and Fine pitch controls
- Oscillator hard sync
- Linear FM with attenuator
- Individual outputs for Sine, Triangle, Sawtooth and Square waveforms
- CV controllable ‘timbre’ wavefolder with dedicated output